1/6/14
Dear Family,
Thanks for all
the emails this week. It was great to
hear from Cadee and Cameron. Don't worry
about sending the packages and post somewhere local. Just sending them to the mission office is
fine. I'll get them every couple of
weeks or so. Zone Conference is this
week, so I'll get my package in a couple of days.
It's been a
really great week for us in Hatfield. I
didn't realize at the time, but I got the best birthday present ever. We met a Malaysian man named Boon on the
street last Sunday and set up an appointment to go and see him on
Thursday. After setting the appointment,
a recent convert in the area came to mind, so I gave her a call and invited her
to come with us. Thursday rolled around
and we went to see Boon. Annie, the
recent convert, had been to him home before!
One of Boons flat mates is Annie's good friend. She had even met Boon is passing several
times. She was definitely the right
person to take. We taught a great lesson
about building faith in Christ and invited him to church. He originally said he was too busy, but Annie
resolved his concern and told him she's be there to pick him up at 9:45 to go
to church. He came yesterday! And we're taking him to the YSA family home
evening tonight. We're planning on
extending a baptismal date to him later this week.
It's really
been a miraculous week. We found so many
prepared people. I'm sure I'll be
telling you more about them in weeks to come.
The members here are so great.
They're way supportive. They let
us teach in their homes, they offer rides to our investigators, they come
teaching with us, and some members will even come tracting with us. I really do love it here. Elder Hart is doing great as well. We're striving for a bit more unity in
teaching, but that's pretty typical for only being together one week. He's a good teacher, so I'm sure it will come
with time. He's originally from Arizona,
like Elder Duncan. He was trained by
Elder Miller, the same one I lived with for my first 6 weeks with Elder Baker
and Hutchins. We're doing super well
together. We get along just about as
well as I could ever hope to get along with a companion. I do miss Elder Nolan though. It was good times in London North.
That's about
it for this week. I'll send some
pictures next week or later today if I get the chance. I hope you all have a fantastic week! Keep on keeping on.
Love,
Elder Hein
No comments:
Post a Comment