1/13/2014
1. The
England London Mission Drive is in my area.
Cool, eh?
Dear everyone
who reads this blog,
I would like
to formally apologize for any offence previous posts may have caused. My intent is never to put anyone down or hurt
any feelings. The purpose of my letters
home and this blog is to inform my family about how I am doing, how I feel about the work,
how I am progressing both as a missionary and as a person, and to share
experiences I've had that I feel are appropriate to share with those I
love. My family is keeping up my blog and they have posted everything I have written to them. They have removed the information that has been
requested to be removed.
I have but one suggestion to make in the case of further issues and that
is to please address me or my father personally. My
mission president has many better things to do than receive phone calls
complaining about what one of his missionaries has been writing home to his
family. My father's email is dmhein89@msn.com and my personal email is
john.hein@myldsmail.net. Thank you for
your concern, and I again apologize for causing any offence or hurting any
feelings. – Elder Hein
Dear Family,
It's been such
a good week here in Hatfield! Elder Hart
and I are being blessed like crazy. I
don't feel like we're necessarily working harder than I've worked in the past,
but we've been able to accomplish so much.
I think it's down to the way we work together. After the initial awkward getting used to
each other and the way we work, we've really fallen in sync and are doing great
things. In our time together so far we
haven't had a single conflict or disagreement that couldn't be very easily
worked out. I think we're just very
patient with each other. We feel very
blessed to be working together in this great area and in a great ward who loves
and supports us.
Boon is doing
quite well. He didn't accept an invitation to be baptized because he feels like
he still doesn't know nearly enough to make that kind of a decision. Fair enough.
He did accept an invitation conditional upon him receiving answers to
his prayers and coming to know what we are teaching him is true. That's all we can really ask for. We're taking him to a FHE in the ward again
this week.
The big news
this week is two other investigators Daniel and Jude. These two are rockstars. I love them so much. They're both from Nigeria and met at the
University here in Hatfield. They're
best friends to the point where they introduce each other as "My
brother." We found Daniel around
the University one day and he invited us over to teach him. When we showed up for our appointment, Jude
was there too and we taught them both about the Book of Mormon. Since that time we have taught them 2 or 3
more times and they came to church yesterday.
They loved it. Elder Hart asked
Daniel after sacrament meeting what he thought, and he said "It was
good. I'm thinking about
joining." They are both on date for
baptism for the 8th of February. They're
just so stinking solid. They got lost on
their way to church and ended up just calling a cab and spending 20 pounds to
get there. That's what I call
commitment. We're taking them to a
family's home this week for dinner and a lesson. This ward is great. I love them so much.
In other news,
I hear that Angela and Mehdi from London North are both still on date for
baptism! Hopefully I'll be able to
report on their big days in the next few weeks.
I'm sure Elder Nolan is doing a great job with them. Another point of interest is that the
missionary band is getting back together.
We all got a call last night to come in to London this morning for band
practice. It's been boiled down to just
7 members, though. It makes
transportation easier because we all fit in the mission van. This also makes receiving packages and post
very convenient. I will be in the
mission office most Mondays to collect post.
Continue sending everything there.
This week
really was just superb. We finally hit
the benchmark of 30 lessons taught in one week.
And what's even better is that 12 of them were taught with a member
present! Things are going really well
for us. There's not much room for me to
complain. I even got my birthday package
on Wednesday. It was great! Thank you so much. It was a really great package. The Emergen-C came right in time as
well. I got a cold on Thursday that
stayed around until yesterday; perfect timing!
I do have one question about one of the presents. The tie makes a pretty big claim on the
back. It says "The World's Best
Missionary Tie." That's a pretty
big thing to claim. I was wondering if
you had any grounds for that? It's a
great tie, I love it. But, the
best? . . . . that's just a little bit
much.
The Subaru
looks great! I'm very excited about
that. I also like the little glimpse of
the Ginger Van in the background. I'm
all out of time, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take luck and care.
Love,
Elder Hein
2. Proof
that I do eat semi-healthily sometimes.
3. Crazy
slide/jungle-gym thing inside the big mall in Hatfield. It's called the Galeria
4. It's
much different here from what I'm used to. We're a long way from London,
toto




No comments:
Post a Comment