Wednesday, January 1, 2014

1/1/14

Hello Hatfield! Me and Elder Hart in the Internet Cafe.  The owner is a member, so we get to email for free.  It's really nice.

Dear Family,

Sorry about the lack of emails on Monday.  P-Day got switched to Wednesday this week.  We found out about that on Sunday, so it was a bit of a surprise for us as well.  Well, I'm all moved in to the new area.  We live in Hatfield.  It's a small town just a few miles away from St. Albans.  It's a university town, so there are students everywhere.  

The ward is super great.  On Sunday, because we didn't have any investigators to bring to church, I just spent the whole time introducing myself to the members.  It was really good.  A lot of them are very excited about missionary work.  I've found that the best way to make friends with a family is through the kids.  If you can do something nice for the kid, you gain the trust of the parent.  Home teaching is another great way to make friends with members.  If you call up a member and ask if you can help them with their home teaching, you make a pretty quick friend.  We did that on Sunday and we're teaching an investigator at the home of that member this evening.

I really am excited for this new area. We're already making some great progress and I think Elder Hart is going to be a great companion.Well, I think that's about all for this week.  Next week emails should be back on Monday again.  Have a wonderful week and a great new year filled with all sorts of great adventures!

I love you all,
Elder Hein

p.s. My birthday was pretty good.  Just a normal day of missionary work, but I wasn't expecting much for being in a new area.  I got a present from one of the investigators in London North.  It was really nice.

Pictures:
1. The Christmas tree we made for Krissy

2. A Beautiful English park we walked a dog through for a disabled man on Christmas Eve.

3. Johnny the cocktail artist.

4. Christmas Sleep Over

5. Me and Elder Nolan last night together on Suicide Bridge

6. Me and Elder David last night together on Suicide Bridge


No comments:

Post a Comment