1. The District. Sister Jones is taking the picture.
4/22/2014
Dear Family,
I received the
Easter package right on time! It arrived
at the mission office on Thursday and that just happened to be the same day I
was there for Zone Conference. It worked
out very nice. President Jordan said to
thank you for the book. I'll be seeing
him soon and I'll ask him what he thinks of it.
As for me, I love it! It's so
good. I'm already like 1/3 of the way
through. I don't know why it's so much
easier to read than just the normal scriptures, but it just is. Thank you so much. The jerky was really nice as well. The jerky here in England just isn't the
same. It's always a highlight of the
packages. A big thank you to Grandpa
Pugh. I have some unfortunate news on
that regard, however. Apparently a bunch
of missionaries have been charged customs fines because of jerky being sent. I guess it's illegal to send meat products
from the US to England. She's requested
that we all tell our parents to stop sending it :( sad day.
I'm glad you got to send it in ignorance this one last time.
This week has
been pretty good. Boon is doing very
well. He knows he needs to be baptized,
but he's facing a bit of a trial right now.
Between appointments with him he talked to his parents in Malaysia, whom
he will be moving in with in just over a month, and they told him that he was
"born a Buddhist and will die a Buddhist." We had a really good lesson with him and he's
going to be talking to them again.
Hopefully their hearts will be softened and they'll allow him to be
baptised. John is doing ok as well. He
made it to church this week. There is a
member who always brings him, but sometimes John isn't able to make it out in
time. He enjoyed this week though.
Well I guess I
should give you the big news. I got a
call from President Jordan tomorrow and I'll be leaving Hatfield on Wednesday
morning. I'm going to be going to
Ashford with a German Elder who's name I don't know how to spell. We'll be the Zone Leaders for the Canterbury
Zone. Ever since my second transfer I
have wanted nothing less than to be a junior companion again, and I thought I
would probably have to wait until I was a Zone Leader for that to happen, but
my companion is one of the only two Zone Leaders who is younger in mission age
than I am. haha! So much for being the
younger companion. I'm excited for the
new experiences I'll be able to have. It
should be a lot of fun, but a lot of hard work as well. I'll miss Hatfield. There's a lot of unfinished work here, so I
guess Elder Hesen and his new companion are going to need to finish it. Hopefully I'll get news in a couple of weeks
about Boons baptism.
It's great to
see Michael leaving for a mission! I saw
him in the choir for General Conference. That was fun. The pictures of the sand dunes were fun
too. I'm glad you got to have a nice
Easter holiday. I've been rather
disappointed by the holidays here.
They're not as big of a deal as they are in America. They're still fun, just not as fun. I went to buy my new suit today, but they
didn't have my size. Someone bought it
since I looked at it last. I'll have to
wait until next Monday. I'll send you a
picture when I get it. It's pretty
sweet.
Well, I think
that's it for this week. There are only
6 days left until my next email, so that's one nice thing about transfers
week. Have a fantastic 6 days!
Love,
Elder Hein
Pictures:
2. Bro Stimpson. Look up "An English 'Ye Ye'" on lds
newsroom and he'll come up. He's the one
who takes John to church.
3. Boon.



No comments:
Post a Comment