Monday, April 7, 2014

4/7/2014

1. Reading the scriptures in nature.  (I didn't take any pictures this week, so I had to throw something together last minute)

Dear Family,

Just to ease all concerns, the comment about the hospital bill was indeed an April Fools joke.  I am in good health.  The weather the last two days has been absolutely beautiful:  Cloudy, no sun, cool with a light breeze, and drizzly rain on and off throughout the day.  Perfect.  It reminds me why I love England.  I'm a much happier person when the weather is this way than when it's sunny, bright, and warm outside.  Dark and dreary is the weather for me.  Elder Hesen has decided I'm a vampire.  I realized I kind of fit the description, aside from the whole drinking blood bit.

The last few days have been absolutely amazing.  I finished my cover to cover reading of the Book of Mormon yesterday.  It was an amazing experience.  I would recommend it to anyone, in fact I do every day.  If it's been a while, give it another go.  It will change your life every time.  I think we tend to view it as a one time thing.  We pray to know if it's true and then once we know we just go off of that.  We can come to the same understanding of it's truth over and over again.  It's amazing.  Heavenly Father truly does answer our prayers.

General Conference was amazing as always.  I got to watch both of the Saturday sessions, the Priesthood session, and the Sunday morning session.  They were all amazing. I don't think I could choose a favorite session.  It seemed like a theme throughout almost all of the talks was becoming a better disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Is that usually mentioned so much?  I've never noticed it like I did this conference.  I loved Elder Ballard's talk this conference.  I loved when he said that Preach My Gospel is a missionary guide book, so it's a guide book for all of us.  We are all missionaries.  Or at least, we all can be if we chose to.  Some of us are full time missionaries, others are member missionaries.  I never realized my potential to share the gospel as a member.  Thinking back I had a lot of opportunities that I probably missed out on.  I think we forget that doing temple work is missionary work as well.  The work of salvation is not only a work for the living, it is a work for the dead.  Both are equally important.  I can't wait to go to the temple again.  I miss it a lot.

This week has been a lot of fun.  We're working very hard.  It seems like the amount of work we do is a bit disproportionate to the results we're seeing, but we're in good spirits.  If we keep working hard, we'll see the results.  It's Easter break for the students here in Hatfield, so I'm not completely sure what we're going to do about all of our investigators being on Holiday for two weeks, but I'm sure we'll figure something out.  Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Elder Hein

Picture:

2. Elder Hesen's selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment