5/19/2014
1. Me Stoking the Fire
Dear Family,
What a crazy
week. Last Monday we only had enough
time to do the basic P-Day things because we had work scheduled from 3pm until
the end of the evening. At about 6:30 we
received a call from the Assistants reminding us to follow up with our
missionaries about Zone Interviews the next day. . . on the calendar we
received they were scheduled for the day after!
We frantically called the whole Zone and told them there had been a
mistake and made arrangements for them all to be in Canterbury on Tuesday for
interviews. It was crazy. A lot of rearranging and cancelling
appointments took place. It wasn't
ideal. Interviews were great
though. I always love spending time with
President and Sister Jordan. They're
such amazing leaders. We talked about
the importance of people recognizing us as representatives of the Lord and what
we need to do to be recognized as such.
President Jordan talked a lot about testifying and not hesitating to
invite people to be baptized. If people
understand why we are there, they will recognize who we are. We are here to share what we know is true and
call people to repentance. Sister Gibson
(the pianist for the mission band) is in the zone, so after interviews we
stayed around with Sister Jordan and sang songs. It was a lot of fun. I'm enjoying my time in Ashford. I hope
I stay here for a good 6 months. I loved
being in London North for as long as I was there. I'd love to do the same here.
The next
morning (Wednesday) we tried to see some people we had to cancel on Tuesday,
but none of them were able to see us. We
felt really bad about cancelling on one incredibly golden investigator, so we
went to the store with her recent convert neighbor and bought her a nice potted
flower. We left it on her porch with a
nice note and waited for her to get back to us. The next day I got a call from
her saying how much she loved the flower and how much she wanted to meet with
us. She said "I can't even express
in words how badly I need you to teach me." Her neighbor was just baptized 10 months ago,
and as we were on our way to see him one day she stopped us and asked us to
come and talk to her about him sometime soon.
We assumed she was concerned about his health or something, so we didn't
take much notice and just planned to come back in a couple of days. When we went back to see her she told us that
she had noticed a huge change in the Recent Convert over the last few months
and told us that she wanted to know what we could do to help her. She's had
some hard things happen in her life over the last few years and she really
wants to become better. She told us she
even wants to get into a church. You can
imagine why we were so upset about cancelling our appointment with her on
Tuesday. I'm really glad we did
something a little bit extra and bought her a flower. Her recent convert neighbor said she went
over to thank him and it looked like she had been in tears. I think it's probably been a really long time
since someone did something nice for her.
Kind acts of service can make the biggest difference in the world. Go find someone to do something nice for this
week. You'll be so glad you did.
Wednesday evening
I left on an exchange to Dover, spent the night there and worked with Elder
Lauriola from Italy for the day. It was
a lot of fun. We did some construction
work, taught some lessons, and just had a fun time. It was a good 1 year out day. In the evening we had a barbecue and burned a
shirt. If you send me a flash drive I'll
give you the video. Elder Kopischke and
Elder Adriano came to Dover in the evening to switch back companions, so we
were all able to celebrate together. It
was a lot of fun. I'll send some
pictures of the barbecue. We stayed the
night in Dover and traveled back to Ashford in the morning. The next day we did some planning, had
correlation, taught a lesson, and then I left on another exchange to Gravesend
in the evening. I spent the day in
Gravesend and came back to Ashford Saturday night. I'm pretty sure I was out of my area more
than I was in it this week. I didn't
sleep in my own bed for three nights in a row.
It was terrible. I'm still quite
exhausted. I love exchanges though. Miracles happen on exchanges. It's really amazing how the Lord blesses you
as you are trying to train and uplift other missionaries.
I really am loving
it here. I can't believe I'm more than
half way through my mission now. It sure
has flown by. I'm still on the upward
slope though. I'm pretty sure a mission
isn't a hill with a hump in the middle and then a downward slope to the end. It's a really steep hill with a cliff at the
very end. At least that's how I'm
choosing to look at it.
I hope you all
have a fantastic week. Remember to do
something nice for someone and then tell me how it went. I'll be posting a letter today, so you might
hear from be before next week. I love
you all!
Love,
Elder Hein
Here's
somemore pictures:
2. What I
see when I'm grilling burgers
3. What
the burgers see when I'm grilling burgers
4. An
Advertisement about how great shopping is in Ashford
5. All of
us at the Barbecue
5/12/2014
1. Our booth at the church open house
Dear Family,
It was so
great to see you all yesterday. That
picture of the whole family is crazy!
Quin and Tanalie have both changed so much! Wow. I
hope the Kaysville's enjoy their new home.
I don't have too much time today, nor do I have much to report seeing as
we talked yesterday, so this will probably be a really short email.
In my district
we have Elders from Portugal, Italy, South Africa, Hong Kong, Germany, and Sisters
from Albania, and Spain. In the Zone
there are also missionaries from Brazil, The Philippines, Uganda, Canada,
Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Columbia.
It's quite the group.
I'm going to
spend the rest of my time uploading photos.
It really was great to see you yesterday! I hope you have a fantastic week.
Love,
Elder Hein
Pictures:
2. The
White Cliffs from the car window
3. Some
cool little sheds on the beach
4. Walking
to get some Fish and Chips
5. Who
parks their Ferrari at Sainsbury's?
6. After
living for a few weeks in darkness, the new lightbulbs finally arrived!
7. Some of
the district on the beach at Deal
5/7/2014
Dear Family,
So, it's
Wednesday now and I promised an email . . . . . but we didn't leave enough
time. I'm so sorry. But at least we get to talk on Sunday! If it's ok, can I call at 7:00? If I did it any later, we wouldn't get home on
time. That's 7:00 my time, so what is
that, like 12 for you? I'll be on an
iPad probably, so I'll just call your email dmhein89@msn.com at 7. I'll make sure to send a really good email
with lots of pictures next week. There
are some good ones you'll like to see.
Again, I'm so sorry about the lack of emails this week. Just know that I'm doing well; very happy,
and the work is doing great. The members
here in Ashford are great. I love
them. I hope you're having a fantastic
week! Can't wait to see you all on
Sunday.
Love,
Elder Hein
5/5/2014
Dear Family,
So, in England
there are these things called Bank Holidays when all of the internet cafes
close, the libraries shut down, and all of the members go out of town. Long story short, I've had nowhere to email
today until right now and it's too late.
We're having a Zone Training Meeting tomorrow, and then an exchange with
one of the district leaders right after, so it'll probably be Wednesday when I
send a proper email. So sorry! Love you all!
Elder Hein












No comments:
Post a Comment